Are you ready to get involved in the Rachel Carson community? Show your enthusiasm and passion for your college through being an Orientation Leader this fall!
Orientation Leaders (OLs) are a group of volunteer student leaders who support Rachel Carson College during Welcome Week and throughout the fall quarter. OLs work cooperatively with the Student Life Staff (Programs & Residential Life) to ensure a successful fall quarter for all incoming students. OLs will plan engaging programs, serve as a resource, and help orient new students to life at UCSC and Rachel Carson College. Serving as an OL is an exciting and rewarding student leadership opportunity, available for all current Rachel Carson affiliates.
*Please note, begining in 2017, Orientation Leaders will be supporting fall programming in addition to Welcome Week programming.
- EVENT PLANNING - OLs get to design and implement exciting programs for a diverse group of new students. Welcome Week programs include Quad Connections, tours, New Student Welcome, and more. Fall programs include Spirit Week and Fridays at 8 events.
- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT - OLs are friendly faces and important role models for new students.
- MARKETING - OLs will develop creative and engaging marketing for their events, including social media outreach.
- STUDENT LIFE SUPPORT - OLs will collaborate with the Rachel Carson Student Life Staff to support the 2017 Commencement and Move-In Weekend
- 1 point for Housing Priority for next year's Housing Selection Process
- Baytree Bookstore gift certificate
- UCSC Boardwalk Frolic ticket
- Rachel Carson T-shirt
- Early Move-in (if you live in RCC Residence Halls or Apartments)
- Meals during OL Training and Welcome Week
- Leadership & Programming training and experience
For more information, please read the 2017 Job Description.
APPLICATIONS DUE APRIL 9! Mandatory Group Interviews will be held April 11 and 12, 7-9pm