Academic Support & Advising Resources
- Undergraduate Advising Center: campus wide advising resources including delcaration of major information, degree planning tools, academic standing information, and other great resources for students.
- Support Resources (from UCSC Undergraduate Advising)
- Learning Support Services (LSS): free tutoring and course support for all students
- Free drop-in writing tutoring every week
- Modified Supplemental Instruction (MSI): sections and exam reviews for rigorous courses
- Educational Opportunity Program (EOP): academic and personal support for educationally disadvantaged students (first in family to attend college, underperforming high school, low family income)
- Disability Resource Center (DRC): get registered with your documented learning disability and/or physical impairment, or look into assessment options for learning disabilities. Join hundreds of other UCSC students leveling the educational playing field.
- Career Center: not just jobs and careers! Career counselors can help you find a major, get internships, and learn about your graduate school options.
- Counseling and Psychological Services: same-day crisis counseling on a walk-in basis and referrals to off-campus providers.
- University Registrars Office: academic/administrative calendar, enrollment FAQs, part time program information, fees, residency information, trascripts, forms and petitions.
- Financial Aid and Scholarship Office: information and assistance with financial aid, scholarships, and other forms of financial support for college.
- Tips and tricks with Google Calendar: A vital resource for time and deadline management.
- Academic enrollment agreement: Complete at the request of your adviser
For a more comprehensive list with extracurricular options, you can check out UCSC Admissions' Getting Involved and Support Services pages. Strange as it may seem, many of our students in academic difficulty are just struggling to find their niche: adding an extracurricular activity may provide the direction you need to better focus on your academic goals.
As always, please come see us if you have any questions!