Certainly, one of your primary goals is to graduate from UCSC! So it's important to be very clear about what those requirements entail. Here is a quick breakdown of the requirements that all UCSC students need to complete in order to be eligible for graduation:
- Entry Level Writing Requirement (ELWR) (completion by end of 4th quarter required and enforced)
- American History and Institutions Requirement
- Senior Residency (35 of a student's final 45 credits must be completed at UCSC)
2) Rachel Carson College (formerly College Eight) Requirement:
- Completion of the Rachel Carson College (formerly College Eight) Core Courses (CLEI80A or CLEI80B or CLEI80C plus CLEI81A - Required in first fall quarter for all new entering Frosh or Sophomore Transfer students)
3) General Education Requirements:
- NOTE: depending upon what year you were admitted and whether or not you are a transfer student, there are different GE requirements. Review the information in the General Catalog to determine what applies to you.
- First year frosh admitted Fall 2010 and after follow this GE pattern.
4) Major Requirements:
- Review your Major Requirements
- Disciplinary Communications Requirement (Fall 2009 and after)
- Check with your department/program about specific major requirements!