- Facilities at Rachel Carson College (formerly College Eight) are only available to campus units, student organizations currently registered through SOAR, Student Media or sponsored by a campus faculty member or unit.
- As a general rule, you should submit your form 5 working days prior to event to ensure that your request will be processed in time for advertising and promotion of the event.
- Use of a Rachel Carson College (formerly College Eight) Facility is restricted to 3 times per organization per quarter
- Reservations for space begin on:
- Fall Quarter: October 3rd, 2016
- Winter Quarter: January 16th, 2017
- Spring Quarter: April 3rd, 2017
- Summer Usage: Conference Services
The Red Room is the primary reservable space at College Eight and is located within the Student Commons building in the plaza.
Due to the limited event space in College Eight, groups can reserve a maximum of 3 times per quarter.
There is 55" Flat Screen TV in the red room that may be used but no additional audio/video equipment is available. Room includes couches, several chairs, and a few tables. Please feel free to visit the Red Room in advance to see if it will fit your needs.
Days of Unavailability
- Monday: 7:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.
- Wednesdays: 5:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Thursdays: 2:00 - 3:30 p.m.
Seating Capacity: 50 Standing Capacity: 75
Click Here to Reserve [Reservations can only be made by UCSC affiliates. You must be signed into your "email@example.com" account]
West Field Lawn
The College Eight West Field Lawn in located just beyond the plaza, next to to the Oakes/Eight Dining Hall.
West Field House
Tabling is available next to the Dining Hall and the Plaza Garden
- In the event that additional custodial service is required for special cleaning at the end of the event, the reserving party will be charged that service.
- Damage to College Eight property outside of normal wear and tear will be charged to your organization for repair or replacement
Please contact the Assistant College Programs Coordinator (ACPC): (831) 459-4279 for more information.