How to Declare

In order to ensure that the Sustainability Studies minor appears on AIS and your transcript at graduation, you need to do the following: 

1. Please fill out this form: To view this form, you must be logged in to your UCSC email account:


What you will need to complete this form: 
Copy of Academic Planning Form
S-Minor course planner form

If you need help please contact us at (

2. Set up your meeting with the Provost (Sue Carter) or the Academic Coordinator (Tamara Ball). Se up your meeting through this Calendar.   

* Click on an open appointment slot to sign up. If no slots are available, please try a different time range. To cancel an appointment slot you've already booked, leave this sign-up page and delete the event from your own google calendar.* 

3. The Rachel Carson College advisers will then ensure that the minor is entered in AIS and will show up on your record. If the minor does not show up on AIS within a few weeks please contact (

If you have questions, please feel free to contact us at ( with the subject line: Sustainability Studies Minor

* The course schedule form is different for students exercising catalogue rights prior to Fall 2017 (Course planner for Pre-2017) and for those enrolling in Fall 2017 or later (Course planner for Fall 2017 or later). *